5 NIGHTS 6 DAYS
5 NIGHTS 6 DAYS
Route: Colombo > Pinnewala > Dambulla > Sigiriya
Drive: 7 hour drive
Hotel: Hotel in Sigiriya
• Hop into your private air-conditioned vehicle and start the drive to Pinnewala. (~3 hours)
• Reach Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage in time to see the orphaned baby ... elephants being bottle-fed. You can also feed and pet them.
• Have lunch at the restaurant overlooking the river, where the elephants – both young and adults – can be seen bathing and playing.
• After lunch, proceed to Dambulla - drive for ~3 hours to reach the UNESCO World Heritage cave complex.
• Climb up to the world-renowned cave temples and admire the fascinating interiors with vibrant décor and impressive Buddha statues. The guide will tell you all about the history and stories about these caves.
• Later in the evening, get back on the road to Sigiriya – a short 30 minutes – 1 hour drive.
• Check-in to the hotel in Sigiriya.
• Dinner and overnight in Sigiriya.
Route: Sigiriya > Kandy
Drive: 3 - 5 hour drive
Hotel: Hotel in Kandy
• Make your way up the “Lion Rock” to the ancient citadel on top, taking in the breath-taking scenery around you.
• After walking around the terraced summit and learning all about the ... ancient capital, climb back down and explore the Royal water gardens at the base and take stunning photos of the rock. • Proceed for lunch, followed by the drive to Kandy. • On route, we can visit a Spice & Herb Garden, the vibrant Hindu Temple in Matale. (~3 - 5 hour drive depending on stopovers). • Reach Kandy by evening and check-in to the hotel. • Overnight in Kandy.
Route: Kandy > Nuwara Eliya
Drive: 4 - 6 hour drive
Hotel: Hotel in Nuwara Eliya
• The temple itself is a sight to behold. You will also see beautiful white and gold stupas around. There is also a small museum here that showcases stories and information on Buddhism.
• Make sure you are there early for the “ceremony” and join the devotees to get a glimpse of ‘Buddha’s tooth’. • Later, proceed for a sightseeing tour of Kandy or go on a shopping spree. Kandy is well-known for gemstone shopping; you guide can recommend some shops. Ceylon tea, batik textiles, and local crafts can also make good souvenirs. • After lunch, get back on the road for the drive to Nuwara Eliya. On route, see tea plantations and spectacular views including those of waterfalls. (~4 - 6 hours’ drive). • Reach “Little England” in the evening and enjoy the change of scenery as well as the weather, which is a welcome relief from the sweltering cities. • Overnight at hotel in Nuwara Eliya.
Route: Nuwara Eliya > Bentota
Hotel: Hotel in Bentota
• You can choose to go boating on the Gregory lake, take a stroll in Victoria Park, visit the Post Office operating in a colonial Tudor Manor or the Hakgala Botanical Garden, explore the markets, farms and tea plantations.
• Overnight in Bentota.
Route: Benthota > Colombo
Drive: 3 hour drive
Hotel: Hotel in Colombo
• After the sunset in Galle or the turtle hatchery tour, hop back into the car for your drive along the coast to Colombo. (~3 hours’ drive)...
• Reach Colombo late in the evening.
• Overnight in Colombo.
Highlihts: Colombo sightseeing
• Go on a sightseeing tour of Colombo – Half-day drive around or full-day tour, depending on the time of your departure.
• In Colombo, you can opt to see the colonial buildings, National Museum, ... Independence Memorial, Gangaramaya temple and other attractions. Take a stroll in Viharamahadevi Park or go boating in Beira Lake.
• You could also go on a shopping tour of Pettah for good bargains or enjoy the local cuisine on the streets or at a good restaurant by the beach.
• According to your departure timings, the driver will drop you off at the international airport for your onward journey